Nov 15 2015
Statistics tell a story and emphasize why JOY is needed.
- Less than 50% of Florida foster kids graduate from high school.
- 30% of former foster kids are more likely to be substance abusers.
- Up to 85% of youth in foster care have mental health issues.
- 40% of former foster care youth become parents within 2 years of leaving foster care.
- 25% of former foster care kids will be homeless within one year.
- 75% of former foster care kids experience unemployment.
- One in four foster care boys, and one in ten girls end up in prison.
Read more inside the JOY NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER